- What is the purpose of that which we know as "church service" (it happens on Sunday mornings)? Is it worship? Converting the unsaved? Other?
- What is the difference between "worship" and "church service"?
- What is the difference between "church service" and "Church"? Can you be a part of "Church" without attending "church service"?
- Is listening to a sermon worship? If not, what is the purpose of listening to a sermon?
- Are Christians whose IQ is above the 100 mark (roughly half of the population if we believe the lore) obligated to wash away that extra bit of brain power along with their sinful nature?
- Did Jesus use parables so that 9 year olds could understand him?
- Is the primary focus and purpose of every believer to save the unsaved?
“But then God reminded me that real worship has never been a feeding trough for saints, it's a sacrifice we offer him. It's what I bring to God, not what I get from him."
Is attending church "real worship"? Is it the "sacrifice we bring God"? Is giving up the hope for non-dumbed-down sermons our "sacrifice"? If attending church is not "real worship" then what is?
I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Those of you who don't think much about church, as you were. Back to books shortly...