Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Can't Believe I haven't Read...

Here's a top ten idea from Broke and Bookish: Books I can't believe I haven't read.
Of course, there are more than ten. There are SO MANY books I want to read. But these are more books that everyone has read but me (and I may have no desire to read them...). Or I may. Never know. I've mentioned that I absolutely hate to read books that I've already seen as a movie, so some of these will fit that category.

1. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. See above. In fact, I've even seen Muppet Treasure Island.
2. Anything by Thomas Pynchon. I sort of want to, but not urgently enough, I guess.
3. Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. This one is definitely on my to-read list.
4. Anything by William Faulkner. I blame my lit professors.
5. Anything by Don DeLillo. I don't think he's my type.
6. War and Peace / Crime and Punishment / Anna Karenina the Russian trilogy. Note that The Brothers Karamazov is missing; I have waded through at least one of these bulky masterpieces.
7. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It is on my to-read list, but I'm not excited about it.
8. The Left Behind series. I'm fine with this one.
9. The Wind in the Willows. I started it once. Maybe some day I'll try it again, just to get it off this list.
10. Anything by Kurt Vonnegut or Joseph Heller. Not only that, but I can't tell them apart.

What haven't you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment