Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: The Best Travel Writing, vol. 9

Title: The Best Travel Writing, vol. 9: True Stories from Around the World (edited by James O’Reilly, Larry Habegger & Sean O’Reilly).

Description: A collection of short creative non-fiction about or inspired by travel.  
Source: It was one of the travel books I got to judge this spring.
Writing style: It’s a collection, so of course the style varies by author. That’s one reason that this book didn’t place in my rankings (maybe a personal prejudice, but I like a consistent style throughout a book).
Audience: Folks who like to read about travel.

Wrap-up: I enjoyed picking up the book and reading one or two entries from time to time; I can’t read a book like this straight through or everything becomes a jumble. There were some well-written, powerful  selections, and others that weren’t quite so affecting. 3/5*

No comments:

Post a Comment